Translate

Saturday, February 15, 2014

My Prison


My Prison

My soul is a phoenix waiting to take flight, the fire that consumes me is burning fierce and bright.

I have goodness to my right and evil to my left, I’m afraid to see which I’ve served best.

I wake each day to this man made hell, how long must I stay in this place that I dwell?

I talk with others that suffer like me, we’re trapped in our minds with no way to be free.

I search for an answer to save me this day, I don’t understand what’s made me this way.

Alone in this world with no one to be mine, I’m sick of the one’s that say it takes time.

The world that I had has left me behind, to find my way out in this maze for a mind.

I want to feel good and have a reason to smile, I’d sit and relax and stay for a while.

But that’s not the case for the ones with my pain, we struggle for hope and see nothing to gain.

I’ve had all the tests and tried all the meds, the doctors just want to tie me in bed.

My symptoms get worse as the days go by, I’m deep in this pit as I sit and cry.

A friend that I had was forced her last breath, they pulled out the plug and brought her to death.

She suffered so long in a life that was hell, she needed my help but me she didn’t tell.

I curse at the one’s that let her just be, the age of 30 she will never see.

With hope on the run and my soul set ablaze. I ask for some help before the end of my days.

I struggle to find the peace that is mine, I’m grasping for life just give me a sign.

I’m not asking for much just the peace that I’m due, I’m losing my grip and just want to be through.

The future I want is not in my sight, the ones in this hell can understand my plight.

I search for a way to set myself free, my heart is a pit this is no way to be.

I cherish the few that have made me feel love, they’re Angels indeed and deserve a place above.

A “thank you” I leave for it’s all I have left, my mind is its prison and my soul was its theft.

I’m lost in this maze with no exit to find, there’s no door in this Hell I’m just locked in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment