Translate

Monday, February 3, 2014

Abuse No More


Abuse no more

The words you say, have broken my heart; you’ve hurt my soul and torn me apart.

Your sounds are cruel and meant to hurt; you’ve scarred my heart, beneath this shirt.

I’ve packed my things and left our home; in search of answers, but feel all alone.

You’ve knocked me down and made me fall; no more abuse, from you at all.

I try to sleep, to stop the tears; my minds a mess, has been for years.

I’ve been beat and I’ve been broke; you’ve spilled my blood, because I spoke.

You’re not my boss, you had no right; to treat me like you did that night.

You said I was, the one for you; this isn’t love, you have no clue.

I’m standing tall, as you can see; taking steps, to make me free.

My past is tattered and full of pain; my futures bright, with much to gain.

You took control, I took it back; never again, to get a whack.

A friend I’ve found, to hear my cries; they do not judge, or tell me lies.

I will be strong, I will be fine; to have a life and make it mine.

With this I say, to you goodbye; nevermore, to make me cry.

I’ll find a man, that treats me right; that keeps me close and holds me tight.

His eyes will shine, when our hands entangle; he’ll know right then, that I’m his Angel.

You’ll never know, what you have lost; I hope this life, was worth the cost.

I’m standing tall, as you can see; I’ll scream it loud, “THIS IS ME!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment