Translate

Friday, February 14, 2014

Depth of a Soul

Depth of a Soul

A crumbling heart, with outstretched hand; searching for hope, to help it stand.
Day turns to night, as the blackness consumes; my soul has been sent, to dwell in the tombs.
I gaze at the stars, in hopes to escape; the future I seek, just never takes shape.
Love I did have, to my core I did quake; I fell to my knees, as Death she did take.
I’ve done what I could, to bury the pain;... poured out my blood, to cover like rain.
Swallowed the pills, to numb me inside; a pharmacy I took, to find a place to hide.
I’ve run to the depth, of the Hell I dwell in; I come from a city, which lives on its sin.
I felt right at home, in the “Land of the Lost”; my soul was destroyed because of the cost.
A family I found, in the pit of this place; they gave me a home, where I had my own space.
One at time, they had a visit from Death; I watched life drain from their face, as they took their last breath.
Searching for peace, with my mind in a twist; tears in my eyes, surround me in mist.
People ask me what’s wrong, like they’d understand; if they would just take a look and hold my outstretched hand.
The words that I say, from the life that I’ve had; I explain what I’ve seen, and they look at me so sad.
It’s not pity I seek, as I talk about life; some of your looks, cut like a knife.
I’m the sum of my morals, not where I come from; it’s not your place to judge and treat me like scum.
I lay down my head, as another day passes; shall I endure tomorrow, or be spread with the ashes?
A crumbling heart, that’s what I’m left with; I search for some peace, but think it’s a myth.
I just want to be loved, and treated with care; two souls become one, instead of a pair.

By Ron Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment