Translate

Friday, October 31, 2014

The Reapers Final Victory


The Reapers Final Victory

The blowing wind, chills me to the bone; has the weather changed, or is it from feeling so alone?

The days drag on, and the night’s longer still; how easy it would be, to watch my red blood spill.

Miles of vision, in every direction I see; searching for the one, that will come and complete me.

Shadows of death, across a moonlit sky; from the depth of my heart, I whimper and cry.

I dig and I claw, through the dirt of the crypt; completing a home, for my soul to be shipped.

Maybe my body, will be absorbed by the earth; I’ll nourish the forest, and be of some worth.

No sympathy hugs, nor pity I seek; for I’m just used up, and tired and weak.

I’ve tried all my life, to do the right thing; but lost what I’ve loved, because them I couldn’t bring.

I gathered my things, and drifted away; they didn’t even care, for my heart they did play.

So years have gone by, and alone I still sit; counting the days, before I finally quit.

The rustling of leaves, as the summer dies; makes me question my choice, since this is my prize.

The seasons can pass, and be reborn; but that’s not a choice, when you heart has been torn.

I’ve searched for a way, to heal my soul; but I think I’m too deep, in the pit of this hole.

I’m just a message in print, or a voice on the phone; no hand to be held, or love to be shown.

How long can I live, when I’m not complete; I wish I were just words, and I could hit delete.

I’m worn out and weary, with this life I’ve been cursed; for I live in this darkness, and have seen the worst.

No answers to find, with no questions left; if you have any compassion, make my life your theft.

Don’t drag out this pain, to give you a show; it’s all just a rerun, with an ending we know.

Throw in a twist, that will give them a shock; just show me the cliff, and I’ll go for a walk.

Free as a bird, so I can finally rest; no beat of a heart, in the depth of this chest.

A smile emerges, as the reaper appears; for he can’t hurt me no longer, after all of these years.

With a grin of his own, he groans out this sound; the love that you seek, tomorrow you would have found.

Ronnie H. Lee 10/31/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment