Translate

Monday, May 12, 2014

Beauty Beyond


Beauty Beyond

This story I have, is as old as time; I dreamt of a girl, that I wish would be mine.

I wake to a world, that is silent and cold; she consumes all my thoughts, for her I wish I could hold.

I try to lie down, for in my dreams she is there; it’s a feeling I miss, that someone might care.

She floats in my mind, above the fires of hell; I search all the heavens, from this place that I dwell.

A beauty with wings, is a glimpse that I see; I wonder if she’s real, or only exists within me.

I run and I search, to find my desire; a feeling I know, she is all I require.

What will I do, if I see her for real; what would I say, about the way that I feel?

They say the truth that you speak, will set you free; but all I have seen, is I’m left alone in this sea.

With the waves of my life, pushing me down; I sink in the sorrow, that cause me to drown.

I try to stay strong, and fight for some peace; but how easy I’d be, to make it all cease.

The fear that I have, that I’m losing this fight; is because I’m alone, as I cry through the night.

With the streaks on my face, from the tears that still flow; I hide in a pit, from those that don’t know.

I want to be free, of this sorrow and grief; to look in her eyes, and get some relief.

For the one that I seek, is an Angel of peace; she takes all my pain, and makes it release.

Don’t know what she’ll think, if she ever finds out; she’s the destiny I want, when I finish this route.

A strange feeling appears, that I feel on my face; a smile emerges, at the thought of her grace.

It’s frightening to feel, a reprieve from my grief; because the time that is lasts, is always so brief.

The trip that I take, back to the pit that is home; gets deeper and darker, every time that I roam.

I wonder how long, I’ll survive these trips; as the darkness consumes, with my heart an eclipse.

I hope that the light, is soon to emerge; with the one that I found, and our love will converge.

She is an Angel with scars, and some dirt on her wings; but the beauty I see, is beyond all these things.

                             By Ron Lee      4/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment