Translate

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Handle With Care


Handle with Care

I had a love, that had no clue; they took for granted, all that’s true.

They spoke the words, to hold my heart; but forgot the soul, so now we part.

They did their best, to keep me there; but I’m no prize, to hold your stare.

If it were blessed, to share this life; you would have ceased, and stopped the strife.

You said you’re sorry, and things will change; but it’s too late, I feel so strange.

The time went by, all hope has past; I wanted love, with no spells to be cast.

If you can change, to keep me near; why didn’t you do it, before the fear?

You waited till, my trust was gone; I listened closely, but there’s no song.

I’m torn apart, from what is missing; I liked the days, when we were kissing.

You held me close, within your guard; my heart was fragile, but now it’s scarred.

 I hate to say, I loved you more; but you just watched, as I shut the door.

You waited till, the time was right; you figured out, it’s lonely at night.

You found the time, to send a note; now you’re lonely, so you wrote.

That’s not fair, for what I’ve done; I really thought, you were the one.

I’m moving on, to find my way; I see the sun, I feel a ray.

You’ll always be, a part of me; but I have to go, and set you free.

I’m crying hard, as I walk; no longer sitting, to watch the clock.

I’m feeling hurt, and full of pain; I gave my all, my soul you drain.

You have no power, to change my mind; I took it back, it’s mine to bind.

I miss the life, that’s supposed to be; where I feel the love, that’s meant for me.

My search goes on, to fill my soul; to find that heart, that makes me whole.

To bless my life, and hold me tight; and let me know, everything’s alright.

I hope there’s one, within the mass; that can handle a heart, that’s made of glass.
 
By Ron Lee   4/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment