Translate

Thursday, March 6, 2014

My Final Season


My Final Season

Lightning strikes, as clouds roll in; the rain comes down, for new life to begin.

The seasons change, as spring is here; to cleanse the earth, with its tears.

Mother Nature spills her blood; she cuts her veins, and brings a flood.

From brown to green, you see the change; new life is here, but feels quite strange.

We’ve suffered through, the winter gloom; to see the sun, and flowers bloom.

With the colors, that we see; why’s this Demon, still haunting me?

New life galore, as flowers bud; green grass grows, through the soggy mud.

I see a color, that’s red to me; but is it the same, that you can see?

The sun is bright, and full of life; but I’m trapped in Hell, with all my strife.

I want the warmth, to soothe my soul; to heal my wounds, and make me whole.

The days are bright, and longer still; I thought the change, would increase my will.

Searching for, some brighter days; the winds blows strong, to clear my grave.

The day is gone, the sun has set; no more light, for me to get.

Now I sit, in the dark of night; my soul is drained, from the fight.

I wasn’t strong, now I’m dead; in the earth I go, for the ground to be fed.

Just say goodbye, don’t shed a tear; I’ll see you later, when you get here.

I’m all around, for you to see; I fed that flower, it’s part of me.

You’ll hear my voice, in the wind; I’ll whisper softly, with the love I send.

So when you see, that twinkling star; it’s just for you, from across the far.
 
By Ron Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment